Brent and Remko think back of the epic poker career and life of Gavin Smith, they talk through Steve Albini’s Stories from the Felt episode that made it into Rolling Stone, and recap all things from the Bahamas.
- Starting the show with the sad news of the unexpected passing of Gavin Smith.
- 01:26 – Brent Hanks shares Gavin Smith stories. Intro clip courtesy of Poker Road’s The Poker Mind with Amanda Leatherman. Full clip here
- 05:12 – Going through the accomplishments of Gavin Smith and his character
- 07:49 – Stories from the Felt Season 2: Now on PokerGO highlighted by Steve Albini’s episode that was featured on Rolling Stone, Pitchfork and VICE.
- 11:00 – Remko’s excitement for The Mirage episode of Stories from the Felt.
- 14:50 – Norm & Lon on Stories from the Felt, Bonologic and much more!
- 20:15 – Recapping the $25,000 PokerStars Players Championship that was won by Platinum Pass winner Ramon Colillas.
- 22:45 – Brent Hanks eating his words on there being “no fucking chance” a Platinum Pass winner to make the final table.
- 25:30 – Other notables that made deep runs including Farrid Jattin, Talal Shakerchi, Kristen Bicknell and Dan O’Brien.
- 30:40 – Brent gushes over Chino Rheem’s PCA Main Event win.
- 32:49 – Remko takes issue with Brent comparing Chino Rheem to Stu Ungar. It gets heated!
- 39:30 – The PCA Main Event recap: Daniel Strelitz finishes second.
- 42:00 – The legend: Scott Wellenbach, who will give the entire $670,240 cash from the PCA Main Event to charity.
- 43:50 – Sam Greenwood wins the PCA Super High Roller for $1.7 million by beating Henrik Hecklen heads up.
- 46:00 – Recapping the other high roller events at the PCA with plenty of dollars for Justin Bonomo, Stephen Chidwick, Michael Dyer, Timothy Adams, David Peters and Sean Winter.
- 50:25 – The F*cking Five! Brent goes over the current Top 5.
- 51:45 – The nominations for The F*cking Five list!
- 56:25 – Brent Hanks selects a new moment for the F*cking Five followed by Remko’s selection.
- 59:40 – What to look forward to? The USPO, Poker After Dark, and how to join the show with your suggestions for the F*cking Five!
The January 17 F*cking Five:
- The best fold of the year? Thi Nguyen folds AQ vs the AA of Athanasios Polychronopoulos on a board that showed AQQ.
- Good Boy Joe Ingram hustles his way into a Platinum Pass worth $30k for the ultimate poker fan Jeremy Hilsercop.
- Daniel Negreanu and Amanda Leatherman’s romance rekindled leading to their engagement on December 31st. Platinum Pass winner Ramon Colillas wins the PCPC for $5.1 million
- Justin Bonomo’s 2018 – and taking No. 1 all-time Chino Rheem – Fifth million dollar score by winning the PCA
- PokerStars giving away 300 Platinum passes and adding $1 million to first place.
New to PokerGO? Subscribe right now to watch Dolly’s Game on-demand as well as more than 100 days of live poker action every single year, including the upcoming U.S. Poker Open, February 13-23 from the PokerGO Studio in Las Vegas.