Las Vegas, NV – January 10, 2019 – After a successful first season, the original series “Stories from the Felt” will return to PokerGO on January 14 with episodes highlighting the history of poker in Las Vegas, the transformation of poker into a televised game, and the most personal moments for professional and recreational poker players. Poker Central®, in partnership with Greencard Pictures, will unveil poker’s greatest untold stories in six new interview-driven episodes to be released on January 14th.
New episodes are:
- Norm and Lon – When poker exploded in the early 2000s, commentators Norman Chad and Lon McEachern instantly became synonymous with ESPN’s World Series of Poker coverage. Now iconic, the voices behind the broadcast share their stories.
- Steve Albini Cashes In – Legendary music producer Steve Albini has worked with some of the world’s biggest bands, including Nirvana, and in his spare time he has played with poker’s best leading up to his unexpected win of WSOP gold in 2018.
- The Mirage – This landmark hotel, opened in 1989, changed Las Vegas culture and created a new home for poker. Mori Eskandani, Steve Zolatow, and Daniel Negreanu tell their stories from the felt.
- Bonologic – 2018 Super High Roller Bowl champion Justin Bonomo has had the best year in poker history, but there is a lot more to Justin than being a winner.
- How to Lose – Top players Danielle Andersen, Scott Seiver, Ali Nejad, and Daniel Negreanu share their most difficult tournament experiences and how they cope.
- How They Deal – Staying balanced is an important part of life as a poker champion. Learn from the perspectives of Brandon Shack-Harris, Danielle Andersen, Daniel Negreanu, and more.
“We received an incredibly positive response to the first season of ‘Stories from the Felt,’” said Sam Simmons, president of Poker Central. “We’re confident that our new season filled with game history and player experience will captivate our viewers by shining a light on how the game of poker has evolved and made a resounding cultural impact.”
“With season two, I was excited to dig deeper into the fascinating world of pro poker,” said Duncan Skiles, director of the series. “From shoot to edit, the experience was what every documentary team wishes for: a welcoming community, dynamic stories, and creative freedom. The result is a collection of shorts that are among my favorite films that I’ve made.”
“Stories from the Felt” is the latest original series available exclusively through the PokerGO streaming service. From behind-the-scenes interviews on “Beyond the Rail” and “Hand Histories” to the acclaimed docuseries “INSIDERS: Super High Roller Bowl 2018,” PokerGO’s originals provide unmatched access to the world of poker, both on and off the felt.
About Poker Central®
Poker Central is the ultimate destination for fans of poker tournaments, cash games, and lifestyle away from the tables. Poker Central delivers poker’s most premier live events around the world via PokerGO, its direct-to-consumer OTT subscription service, as well as through network television distribution. PokerGO delivers over 100 days of live poker on an annual basis alongside a video-on-demand library that features original series and classic poker programming. Streaming and televised tournaments include its owned tournaments, such as Super High Roller Bowl, Poker Masters, and U.S. Poker Open, along with The World Series of Poker and WPT final tables, among others. For more information, visit www.pokercentral.com and www.pokergo.com.
About Greencard Pictures
Greencard Pictures is a New York-based independent film production company dedicated to creating smart, conceptual and innovative content. Specializing in documentaries, commercials and interactive media, Greencard is committed to building strong relationships with our clients and talented network of creatives in order to produce quality work.